Getting the entire family together in one place is definitely something to have professional pictures of. Sanibel and Captiva Islands are a popular place for these gatherings. I photograph dozens of family reunion groups every year and they are always among my favorites. If you are planning a family reunion for Southwest Florida I would love to be there to capture some fun pictures on the beach or at your location. Here is a little more information for families who are considering having a family picture taken of their group.
1. Our photography services are based on the amount of time that we are with you. Larger family groups typically require a longer appointment time, however there are always variables to consider when deciding what would work best. From the amount of people in the group, the age of the children to expectations from the pictures, we always gather more information and then can make a suggestion on what appointment option would be the best fit.
2. We don't limit the amount of pictures that are taken. During the appointment time we take care to make sure that we capture lots of different combinations of your family together. The entire group, just the grandchildren, each individual family as well as other combinations of family members that are important to your group are all captured.
3. We take both candid and posed pictures. Every family portrait, from a small beach session to our largest family reunion will get a combination of pictures. The Impressions Photography style is to combine the very posed and traditional portrait with a photojournalistic approach between. We capture real, genuine moments of your family as well as the orchestrated ones.
4. Time of day is important. We always suggest late day, often leading up to sunset, as the best time of day for lighting and the pretty colorful backdrops. Mornings can be really nice on the beach too. If a group has a lot of very young children often the morning time works even better.
5. Leave time for a rain backup. Getting everyone in one place is a challenge so waiting until the last day is never a good idea. Often I find that groups have a small window of time when everyone is all together, so leaving time for a possible rain back up is definitely important.
So there you have a few ideas and things to keep in mind before you get your family together for that next reunion. If you are planning to gather your family group from Sanibel Island to Naples, definitely shoot me a message! I would love to be a part of your next trip and capture some great family portraits for you! Email me at email@example.com for more information.